Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Rhythm, Holding the space, Inner work.... OH MY!!!

Rhythm,  Holding the space, Inner work.... OH MY!!!

These can be some of the scariest words known to a Waldorf Mom! I see so many Moms start to get nervous and try to tell me all the excuses of why they can not accomplish these things in their home...
I am here to not only promise you that you can, but I will give you some tips to show you how! 

First things first..... Today we will talk about ..... RHYTHM





As Waldorf homeschoolers we use THIS CHART  ... It helps me to keep to a daily rhythm , which keeps the flow of our day, and helps the kids know what to expect, in turn helps foster security I believe.  

Having a daily rhythm is not about being super structured and timers going off every 30 minutes. It's about having a general idea of what will happen each day and building off of that.  Rhythm is really about balance, finding ways to breathe through the day,finding ways to be calm and present and be attentively aware to our lives and those of our children. 


Let's start with the daily color.  This can be used in many ways to help our children connect to the day. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought their solid color t shirts, which is a huge help in stopping any clothing "battles" that perhaps you may have with your kids.  You can also dye or purchase cloth napkins with the colors. Kids are excited to get out that days color and help set the table! 


Next is grain of the day. We deal with food allergies, so my chart will look different from someone who uses wheat in their cooking.  You can set up a pinterest page, or make a notebook of different recipes to use through the week. I have often done batch cooking, and froze muffins, and breads, and prepped puddings and other items for the week, so it easy to grab as we go about our days. 


Last on ours is scent of the day. Not everyone has this. Hippie Kid is in LOVE with incense. So it is her job to light the matching scent to the day each morning.  I noticed that little man really notices this as I have heard him say " It smells like clove, it must be Tuesday! "  Scents have a strong memory base in our brain, and can bring us back to another time and place. I love thinking that one day, my children will be out somewhere as adults, and a scent will trigger them back to a peaceful time in our home. 


I have linked the printable chart I used to make ours up where it says " THIS CHART" ... Have fun with it! Make it yours! Mine is simply an example and is what works for my family. Waldorf is not about stressing yourself out over pretty Pinterest pictures and Mommy blogs.. ( Trust me I have done that lol )  Waldorf is finding beauty and joy in your life, about learning where your children are in their journey , and guiding them along.....



No comments:

Post a Comment