Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Rhythm, Holding the space, Inner work.... OH MY!!! ( Part Two )





Okay where was I ?..... yes! Holding the space!  Literally to me this this is the most important part of my day...errrrr.....life. Because even if our rhythm falls to heck, as long as I am holding the space, chaos seems to stay at bay.... Well Kelly, WHAT THE HECK IS HOLDING THE SPACE?! you ask?
Well.... for me, it means that I am setting the tone for our home, or playdate, or whatever space we are in.... During playdates, I am engaged with my children, and I am aware of what is going on.... Do I want to not pay attention and talk to the other Moms at the park for just a small taste of social interaction with another adult? HECK YES! Is me ignoring my children as they torment little Johnny or be tormented by little Jenny going to be beneficial to my children... HECK NO! lol ..... Please remember , this is a season of life. Before you know it, they will be running out the door to hop into little Johnnys car, or picking up little Jenny to go to the movies and you will not be there to hold the space... So be present NOW....




Does that mean we don't get frustrated, or angry? Nope. It just means that we as adults, be aware and be responsible of the energy we are bringing into the space, and curb our own tantrums, so that we can prevent theirs.

Melisa Neilson from WALDORF ESSENTIALS   has the most fabulous podcast on holding the space... You can listen to that free here.... PODCAST


When you are present and holding the space, it brings comfort to your children... It shows them you are present with them, and that you are keeping their space safe and secure.....



No comments:

Post a Comment